If you are a partner with a book, the planets are aligning for you.
I have many outstanding firm clients in growth mode looking to make strategic hires in pretty much all practice areas, and judging from recent numbers, I am not alone.
According to an article in today’s Above The Law, there were 2,522 moves in and out of Am Law 200 firms between October 1, 2012, and September 30, 2013. The top five firms of 2013 (by percentage of total partnership):
- Husch Blackwell: 16.5 percent
- Fox Rothschild: 16.0 percent
- Adams and Reese: 12.6 percent
- Sheppard Mullin: 10.9 percent
- Gordon & Rees: 10.6 percent
According to the same article, the top five firms with departing partners were (by percentage of total partnership):
- Dickstein Shapiro: 17.0 percent
- Patton Boggs: 15.4 percent
- Edwards Wildman: 13.3 percent
- Shearman & Sterling: 10.0 percent
- LeClairRyan: 9.8 percent
If you are a partner with a book, and you are not happy with your current firm… not satisfied with your comp package, do not feel that your firm is providing you with a sufficient platform with which to grow your business, if cross-selling is not rewarded, the billing rate is not flexible, conflicts are maiming productivity, the time is right for you to make a change. Connect with me. Call me. Email me. Let’s make it happen.